Chiropractic care is great for all ages and can help with back pain, neck pain, joint pain, systemic disease and more. We are proud to serve the Fuquay Varina and surrounding communities such as Apex, Angier, Cary, Dunn, Garner, Holly Springs, Raleigh, Sanford, and Willow Spring.
What is Chiropractic?
Chiropractic focuses on disorders of the musculoskeletal system and the nervous system, and the effects of these disorders on general health. Chiropractic care is used most often to treat neuromusculoskeletal complaints, including but not limited to back pain, neck pain, pain in the joints of the arms or legs, and headaches.
Dr. Brooke Breitbach, practices a drug-free, hands-on approach to health care that includes patient examination, diagnosis and treatment. Dr. Brooke has broad diagnostic skills and is also trained to recommend therapeutic and rehabilitative exercises, as well as to provide nutritional, dietary and lifestyle counseling.
After low back pain, neck pain is the second most common reason patients seek chiropractic care. Chiropractic combined with exercise has been effective in treating acute and chronic neck pain.
The most common therapeutic procedure performed by Dr. Brooke is known as a chiropractic adjustment.
- A chiropractic adjustment restores joint mobility by manually applying a controlled force into joints that have become restricted in their movement as a result of a tissue injury.
- Tissue injury can be caused by a single traumatic event, such as improper lifting of a heavy object, or through repetitive stresses, such as sitting in an awkward position with poor spinal posture for an extended period of time.
- In either case, injured tissues undergo physical and chemical changes that can cause inflammation, pain, and diminished function for the sufferer.
- Manipulation, or adjustment of the affected joint and tissues, restores mobility, thereby alleviating pain and muscle tightness, and allowing tissues to heal.
Chiropractic adjustment rarely causes discomfort. However, patients may sometimes experience mild soreness or aching following treatment (as with some forms of exercise) that usually resolves within 12 to 48 hours.
Is Chiropractic Right for Me?
In many cases, such as lower back pain, chiropractic care may be the primary method of treatment. When other medical conditions exist, chiropractic care may complement or support medical treatment by relieving the musculoskeletal aspects associated with the condition.
Dr. Brooke may assess patients through clinical examination, laboratory testing, diagnostic imaging and other diagnostic interventions to determine when chiropractic treatment is appropriate or when it is not appropriate. Dr. Brooke will readily refer patients to the appropriate health care provider when chiropractic care is not suitable for the patient’s condition, or the condition warrants co-management in conjunction with other members of the health care team.
At Brookview Wellness, each patient has a unique treatment plan based on their needs, which may include adjustments, supplementation, and nutrition. We treat and manage a variety of conditions including:
- Anxiety & Depression
- Back & Joint Pain
- Digestive Issues: IBS, constipation, diarrhea
- Food Allergies
- Headaches & Migraines
- Herniated Discs
- Hormone Imbalances: PMS & Menopause